Thursday, January 7, 2010

One Year Later...

I know it has been a long time since I last posted. We have officially made it through one year. I still cannot believe that God's plan was for us to press on with life without Dad. We have done just that. It has not been easy at all. Overall we have had a good year. Only because we know that he would of wanted nothing else. I know I think of him daily. There are so many things I would of asked had I known I would not always have him as a resource. He always had such away of giving advice. I am sure you have your own memories of him. I heard the Mercy Me song Homesick that was played in the video. I love that song so much. Right after that the song Our Hope Endures by Natalie Grant was played. I love the line that asks how we find joy at a good man's wake. That line always makes me smile because I know how we can. We have such an incredible gift in the promise that we will see our brothers and sisters in Christ again. I know that while this year has had so many first for us I hold on to the promise that I have not said goodbye forever but only for a time.

If I could encourage you to do one thing that would be to take a family picture when you are together. We have learned how quickly those pictures become cherished memories. Grant looks at the family picture we took a year and a half ago and he points to my dad and calls him Papa.

We all spent Christmas together at Dan and Bekah's house. We had a great a time I thought I would share some pictures from the weekend.

The girl in the tan coat in the center is David's wife Melanee.



Grant was told to go sit by the girls and he planted himself front and center. He is a character. I take that back... they are all three characters!!!
Lauren is 3 1/2
Kate is 21 months
Grant is 21 months




No comments: