Monday, January 19, 2009

Commitments

I thought that I would add this for those that were unable to go to the funeral and remind those that did.  This is a list of the commitments that my dad made many years ago.  It is a true testimony of what he thought was important.  My brother David, the middle child, remembered seeing these and thought that they were important to add.  He searched everywhere to find them. 

The Bible is the inspired word of God and the final authority on my life.

My purpose in life is to seek God with my whole heart and to build my goals around His priorities.

My body is the temple of God and must not be defiled by the lust of the world.

My church must teach the foundational truths of the Bible and reinforce my basic convictions.

My children belong to God and it is my responsibility to teach them scriptural principles, godly character, and basic convictions.

My activities must never weaken the scriptural convictions of another christian.

My marriage is a lifelong commitment to God and to marriage partner.

My money is a trust from God and must be earned and managed according to scriptural principles.

My words must be in harmony with God's word, especially when reproving and restoring a christian brother.

My work or tasks must be done faithfully and to the best of my ability whether it be large or small.

No comments: